Iran is a booming economy with golden financial opportunities that pull many investors to the jewel of the Middle-East. Given, out of the last eight years, Iran has had only a year and a half without any significant sanctions; but, still, many investors and big companies keep a close eye on Iran’s slow-growing economy to jump at the first opportunity. With flocks of investors itching for a shot in Iran, a big question comes into every business traveler’s mind; how and where to get Iran Business Visa? What about citizens of countries like Canada, India, or even Great Britain? In this piece, we will try to give you all the latest updates on Iran business visa and its requirements and any unique information about specific aspects of this type of visa.
How to Get Iran Business Visa?
Now, it doesn’t matter if you’re packing your bags to travel to Iran for a business meeting, to participate in an international exhibition or to just pay an unexpected visit to one of your branches, if you’re traveling to Iran for business purposes, then you need to know how to get an Iran business visa and what the requirements are.
Iranian Travel Agencies or Companies
Same as other types of Iran visa, the first and the best place to contact to get things rolling for you and help you out with your Iran business visa is going to be travel agencies. Next to them, official Iranian companies can request a business visa for foreign passport holders and get approval. After this, you should refer to the Iran Embassy in your country to get the visa stamped.
Keep in mind that if you want to both do some touristy things and also stay in town for some business meetings, then it’s better to opt for an ordinary Iran tourist visa and reconcile with Iranian travel agencies.
Also check out: Which type of Iran visa is more suitable for you?
Iran Business Visa Requirements
For Foreign Passport Holders:
- Physical passport with six months validity before trip initiation and one blank visa page
- Three passport-type photos (Women above the age of eight should wear Hijab in their pictures)
- Iran Visa stamp fee and Visa service fee
- Business visa application form
Note: The information you need to put into your online application form include your First Name, Last Name, Father Name, Gender, Nationality, Date of Arrival, and Date of Departure, Your Contact Info, and Passport Info.
The Hosting Company:
- The registered name of the host Company (Must be registered in Iran Company Registration General Office)
- Registration Number of the host company
- The Subject of the invitation
- Address and contact number of the host company
- Address and contact number of the manager’s home
- Scan the official journal or newspaper of the host company
- A scan of Host Company invitation letter with official letterhead, seal and signature
- A scan of the birth certificate of the host company manager
- Iran business visa is valid for up to 14 days, but there might be the possibility of extending it up to 30 days, check this with your travel agency or company
- Unlike tourist visa, business visa for Iran is not attainable upon arrival at Iranian international airports, so no VOA (visa on arrival) for business travels
- It can’t be stressed enough, but any proof that you’ve been to Israel on your passport or that you have an Israeli passport gets you a straight ticket back to where you came from
- Iran business visa is issued in two types; Urgent and Standard. The standard procedure takes 7 to 10 days to complete, but the Urgent version only takes less than 4 days for the finish.
- The Business visa of Iran is due to Single Entry to Iran
Iran Business Visa Requirements for Canadian Passport Holders
Not much can be said about the business visa requirements for Canadian Passport Holders except the fact that due to grim political relationships between the two countries, sometimes Canadian passport holders go through a more challenging process to get their Iran business visa with a chance of not being accepted. Don’t forget that this visa is only valid for 14 days, and also you can travel to Iran free trade zones without the need to get a permit. During your visa-free time in these zones, you can engage in import-export activities. One of the past popular destinations to business in would be Kish, a precious jewel island in the Persian Gulf.
Canadian citizens on a business trip to Iran should:
- Hold a passport with no Israeli stamps
- Hold a passport valid at least six months on entry with one blank visa page
- Hold proof of sufficient funds
- Hold proof of onward/return flights
- Hold all documents required for the next destination
Iran Business Visa Requirements for Indian Passport Holders
Passport, photos, and other essential paperwork asked for when applying for an Iran business visa is written in the below for our fellow Indian passport holders.
- It must be original and genuine.
- It must be valid for 6 months ahead of the span of stay.
- It must have a minimum of two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- It must not be torn, ripped, split, or damaged in any kind of way.
- It must cover face 80% of the frame.
- It must be of proper size with dimensions of 35×45 mm (length – 45mm, breadth – 35mm).
- Two copies to be submitted with general photo guidelines.
- It must be clicked on an all-white background.
- It must have a matte finish.
- It must be a recent photograph.
- The expressions on the face must be neutral, there must not be any kind of smiling of frowning in the photograph.
- Any kind of glasses must not be worn in the photograph.
- The hair must be tied back so that the face is clearly visible.
- The ears must be visible clearly.
- It must not have any headgear worn apart from religious reasons.
- It is to be taken care of that your teeth do not show in the photograph.
The medical documents must be genuine and should match the criteria mentioned in the following:
- They must be original and issued from a legitimate medical organization.
Invitational Letter From The Host Company:
The letter of invitation from the company submitted should match the following criteria
- It must be obtained on the company’s letterhead.
- It must be obtained from the company based in Iran through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran in a 3-page letter, along with Performa of the invite (form no.136).
- It must contain the signature of the authority along with the designation, name of the company, and the stamp.
- It must mention the contact details, the purpose of travel, sponsorship details and other important
- It must be addressed to the respective diplomatic mission.